Multiplayer NES on the web.
Users take turns playing classic NES games with each other in real time. Games are synced via a node server and web sockets.
- [online nes with multiplayer, like ‘twitch plays nes’ or something]
- [chatroom + queue so people can watch, comment, take turns playing]
- [uses socket.io to transfer ROM data, inputs, stats, etc]
- [kinda buggy, needs more server-side work]
- [game is smooth for players, but not for viewers]
- [need/ed more emphasis on server design]
- [not using any auth doesn’t really work - no way to tie into chatroom etc]
- [no two player support, even though nes6 can do it]