Legends of the Hidden Temple: VR
Check out a quick proof of concept walkthrough on Twitch here:
- For my first VR gamedev project, I wanted to create something that would not only show how cool VR is, but also entice my friends to try it out.
- Since the 90’s are cool again, it seems like the perfect time to revive some childhood memories. Everyone that has watched the Nickelodeon game show Legends of the Hidden Temple has claimed that they would crush the temple run. I mean, the silver monkey is three pieces, how could they mess it up that bad?
- After some quick prototyping, I discovered that this was indeed a super fun idea.
- Built in Unity, using VRTK.
- VRTK does most of the VR heavy lifting but provides building blocks to quickly create our own interactions.
- LOTHT rooms are perfect for VR in this regard; the player needs to interact with a handful of simple buttons/levers to play.